- This is the Rome Tourist Card
- Advantages of the Rome Tourist Card
- Price & Booking
- Attractions & Audio Guides
- Is the Rome Tourist Card worth it?
- Disadvantages of the Tourist Card
This is the Rome Tourist Card
The Rome Tourist Card is a digital product from Tiqets.com. It is an attractive ticket consisting of several entrance tickets to top attractions in Rome.
The Tourist Card gives you tickets to the following attractions:
- Vatican Museums with Sistine Chapel
- Colosseum with Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Guided tour of St Peter's Basilica with official guide
For each of these attractions, when you buy the Rome Tourist Card, you will receive Tickets with time slots. So your visit is guaranteed and waiting times are short.
In addition, you can use two audio guides free of charge with the card:
- Audio guide to the sights of Rome
- Audio guide for the Pantheon
You can listen to these recorded audio comments on your own phone. That's why you should take headphones with you to Rome. With these audio guides, you will always be well informed during your discovery of the Italian capital.
After purchase, you will also receive a 10% discount voucher to use towards more Rome admission tickets on the Tiqets.com platform. Choose between more top attractions to benefit from this exclusive discount.
Mode of delivery: You will receive all tickets, the audio guides and the discount voucher by e-mail for free use on your phone. The tickets will be sent to you immediately after purchase. As soon as you start sightseeing in Rome, show your digital tickets at the entrance. Alternatively, you can also print out the tickets.
To use the audio guides, download the free POPGuide app. With this you can listen to the commentaries at any time.
The discount voucher worth 10% will be sent by email after booking.
Advantages of the Rome Tourist Card
The Rome Tourist Card is a popular product with tourists because it has many advantages:
- With this product you visit three top attractions in Rome.
- Buying the Tourist Card is convenient. It would be more time-consuming to book each ticket individually.
- A time slot is reserved for each attraction. This way your visit is guaranteed.
- You will receive all tickets by e-mail. You can then save the tickets on your phone.
- The audio guides provide interesting information about Rome and the Pantheon.
- Save 10% on additional tickets for sightseeing in Rome.
These are good arguments in favour of the Rome Tourist Card.
Price & Booking
The Rome Tourist Card is an exclusive product of Tiqets.com. Therefore, the purchase is handled by Tiqets.
When booking, please indicate the day of your arrival, the number of people and your preferred dates for the three attractions.
You can book tickets for yourself as well as for your travel companion. You then forward the tickets to the other persons.
Tickets for children are reduced. The price depends on the age of the children.
After purchase, you will receive all tickets and a discount voucher worth 10% by email.
If you have any questions about booking, please contact customer service: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attractions & Audio Guides
The Rome Tourist Card contains only three selected sights - but they are very attractive. You get tickets for three absolute top attractions in Rome.
Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel
You will visit the Vatican Museums inside the Vatican City. The museums house the papal art collections. The most visited part is the Sistine Chapel.
This is one of the most popular attractions in Rome. That's why tickets sell out quickly, especially during the peak tourist season. With the Rome Tourist Card you get - subject to availability - an entrance ticket with a fixed time slot ticket. Especially in April and October, it is therefore worth booking the Rome Tourist Card one to two weeks before your trip.
Colosseum incl. Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
Enter the Colosseum - the largest amphitheatre built by the ancient Romans. The former venue of great events now stands in the middle of modern Rome and offers a throwback to antiquity.
The Rome Tourist Card gives you a time slot ticket for entry to the Colosseum. In addition, with the same ticket you can also visit the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill within 24 hours.
The Colosseum is also booked out at times during the popular travel season. So buy your Tourist Card in good time to purchase your ticket for a date that suits your travel plans.
Guided tour of St Peter's Basilica incl. dome
Admission to the famous St. Peter's Basilica is free of charge. So you can visit the cathedral even without a Rome Tourist Card. However, the card includes a very informative guided tour with an official Vatican guide.
The tour is offered in different languages (English, German, French, Italian and Spanish). Please select your language when booking the Tourist Card. You will receive a headset in St. Peter's Basilica so that you can always understand the tour guide well.
Please note that you must expect waiting times despite the booked appointment. The guided tour does not entitle you to priority admission. Allow about an hour at the entrance to pass the security check. After the guided tour, you can stay in St. Peter's Basilica as long as you like.
Audio Guides: Rome & Pantheon
With the Rome Tourist Card you get free access to an audio guide containing information on more than 100 sights of the city. Listen to interesting information and see matching visuals. To use the audio guide, you need to download the free POPGuide app.
In addition, you will receive a detailed audio guide to the Pantheon. Admission to the Pantheon is free of charge. With the audio commentary you enhance your visit there.
Discount voucher for Tiqets.com
After purchasing the Rome Tourist Card, you will receive a discount voucher worth 10%, which you can use for further ticket bookings on Tiqets.com. The voucher is valid for all tickets in Rome.
You will receive your personal voucher code by email. By using this voucher, you can save money with the Rome Tourist Card.
Is the Rome Tourist Card worth it?
It is easier to book the Rome Tourist Card than to buy individual tickets for all the attractions. For this reason alone, the Tourist Card is worthwhile.
It is also suitable under the following conditions:
- You want to visit the Colosseum, the Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica.
- You would like to take part in a guided tour of St Peter's Basilica.
- You want to have all the reservations completed before your Rome trip. Afterwards, you don't need to worry about appointments.
- You would like to explore Rome with the help of an audio guide.
- You would like to buy at least one other Rome ticket and receive a discount of 10%.
Conclusion: The Rome Tourist Card should be worthwhile for many travellers who are interested in the city's top attractions and want to book their tickets easily.
Disadvantages of the Tourist Card
The Rome Tourist Card is a very good product that is suitable for many travellers. But there are also disadvantages that we do not want to conceal:
- The purchase cannot be cancelled because several tickets are reserved for you when you book. These cannot be rebooked.
- For the guided tour of St. Peter's Basilica, you must expect waiting times, as the tour does not grant preferential admission. All visitors must go through the security screening.
- You won't save much money with the Rome Tourist Card. It would be cheaper to book individual tickets on the official websites of the attractions. However, this takes time and the allotments sell out quickly.
- Compared to other Rome Cards, you can only visit a few sights with the Rome Tourist Card.
If you still want to book the product, you can do so here:
You still have questions? Here you will find our Questions & Answers about the Rome Tourist Card.